Hey hey, this is my 'online journal' for the happeneings of Digital Video Foundations. Throughout the semester I'll be posting random musings from each lecture and giving y'all the low down on whats been happening with the tutes. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Week 2 Lecture

Ahoy hoy,
Week 2 lecture rolled around and we're into the 'learning' phase. Josh talked about the production process and although it was based on a larger scaled hollywood feature, it was nonetheless interesting. It was good for getting my head around some of the terminology I've always wondered about and learning all of the numerous jobs available on a set. The lecture for some reason got me thinking about scripts alot, and I'm glad Josh mentioned that it is important to have good acting (I used to be an actor and I'm the kind of person that needs to hear those things :) ). The feature we watched was awsome. It was called "Brick" and it had that dude from 3rd rock from the sun in it. I loved the wide shots that were used, yet it was still able to capture accurate detail with well timed close ups. We were discussing it in the tute with Salvidor who is the most chilled out guy ever, which made for a really relaxed and comfortable environment. We also talked about our fave films and what we want from this course. I'm excited about learning more and am looking forward to next weeks lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home